DEADLINE FOR ALL ACADEMIC SCHOLARSHIPS AND AWARD NOMINATIONS HAVE BEEN EXTENDED TO FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 16, 2018
James A. Mincy Independent Pharmacy Scholarship
This award, named in memory of James A. Mincy, a third generation independent pharmacist, recognizes a pharmacy student who has demonstrated outstanding academic achievement, made contributions through volunteer work, participated in professional or student organizations and shown an interest in independent pharmacy. The scholarship award is $1000.
James B. and Patsey Powers Scholarship
This award was established in 1992 in honor of Mr. Powers’ achievements as the Florida Pharmacy Association executive vice president. In 2003, the Board of Trustees voted to include Patsey, his wife, for involvement in Florida Pharmacy Association affairs for more than 30 years. The award recognizes a pharmacy student who has demonstrated outstanding academic achievement, made contributions through volunteer work and participated in professional or student organizations. The scholarship award is $1000.
Volusia-Flagler County Pharmacy Association Scholarship
The award, granted by the members of the Volusia-Flagler Pharmacy Association, is intended to assist a pharmacy student who resides in either Volusia or Flagler Counties and to recognize their outstanding academic achievement, contributions through volunteer work, and participation in professional or student organizations. The scholarship award is $1000.
For all Florida Pharmacy Foundation scholarships you must:
- Enrollment as a student in one of the seven Florida pharmacy schools
- Achievement of a GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Meet the specific requirements of each scholarship for which you apply. Note: certain scholarships have additional eligibility requirements.
- Be able to send an official (sealed) copy of your transcript to the Florida Pharmacy Foundation.
- Check the eligibility requirements for each scholarship.
- Complete the electronic application by clicking the “Apply Now” button. The application period begins October 31, 2016
- While completing the electronic application, you will have the opportunity to choose which scholarships you are applying for. Only one application per year is needed to apply to multiple scholarships.
- You may apply for a maximum of 2 scholarships.
- Send a hard copy of your official (sealed) transcript to:
Teresa L. Berger
Florida Pharmacy Foundation
610 N. Adams Street
Tallahassee, Florida 32301
- The deadline for submission is February 16, 2018 at 11:59 PM. Transcripts postmarked past this date will not be accepted and your application will be subsequently voided.